Using the following key sequence will result in a failure to receive on VFO B.
- Select different frequencies for VFO A and B. (Example: 14.019 for VFO A and 14.018 for VFO B. Mode SSB, 2.7 KHz FILTER for 455 KHz and 8.83 MHz).
- Select VFO A to RX and VFO B to TX. The press the TF-W key.
- Press the ENT key and select a frequency in the 7 MHz band. (For example: 7.018 MHz for VFO A and 7.019 for VFO B).
- Press the ENT key and reselect the 14 MHz band.
- Change VFO B from TX to RX. The FILTER display for 8.83 dissapears and reception is disabled on VFO B.'
Press the 8.83 MHz FILTER select key one time, or replace the ROM chip.
Qty Description Old part No. New Part No Circuit Description
1 ROM 27C512BJDUG 27C512BJDUJ IC-19
1 ROM 27C512BJDVG 27C512RJDVJ IC-19
Time required for this modification is 30 minutes or less.