A "bug" type keyer used at high keying speeds might cause a key click or chattering noise on the transmitted signal. When the internal electronic keyer is used no such chattering noise is encountered.
The internal chatter absorption filter circuit incorrectly tries to remove noise from the external keyer.
- Press the MENU key one time.
- Select MENU no. 12 by tuning the M.CH knob.
- Press the UP key until OFF appears in the display.
- Press the MENU key one time to exit the MANU mode.
- Turn off the POWER SW.
- Turn ON the POWER SW while depressing the MENU key.
- Select MENU 69 by tuning the M.CH knob.
- Press the DOWN key until OFF appears in the display.
- Press the MENU key one time to exit the MENU mode.
This operation turns off the internal chatter absorption filter circuit.
Time required for this modification is 15 minutes or less.