I have received the mods for the Q7A radio from Icom.
You will have to take dissasemble the radio by :
I have tried this on my radio and it works just great. TX is from 140 Mhz to 170 Mhz and 400 Mhz to 470 Mhz with no degradation in the receiver or transmitter.
- Removeing the batteries
- Removeing the 2 screws in the battery compartment
- Remove rear cover
- Desolder and remove the back board
- Remove the last screw on right side of radio
- Remove the antenna and volume knob and the two nuts
- Desolder the speaker leads
- Slide main board out
- Hold board that faces the front of the radio towards you
- Remove the SMT (s) as per ic-q7a.gif image
I also placed the radio on a service monitor and specs were the same as manufacturers specs.
( except the transmitter He He He ) Be careful and have fun.