I have discoverd by the process of exploration ,how to modify the IC-Q7A for out of band and the rest of the 440MHZ amateur band transmission. This is a timely task to do. Here is the process.
After you have assembled radio, insert battery and radio will automatticly turn on, and the display should say "CLEAR".
- Remove battery,antenna,and tuning knob.
- Remove the two screws in the battery housing,and the screws on the SMA jack,and tuning knob.
- Prycover open near bottom of radio with fingers.
- Unsolder speaker leads, and solder joints along the top of radio, including SMA jack, and the one joint connecting the sheild by the coil and speaker connection.
- Remove to screws connecting RF board.
- Gently remove the RF board!
- Remove screw next to function and PTT switch.
- Gently lift the main board out using a angle technique.
- On front of main board there will be a bank of silver color diodes located by the bottom right hand corner of LCD.
- Remove the first diode in the bank.
- Reassemble radio go from step 8 to step 1.
The proccess is now complete. FREQUENCY RANGES: