- Remove the battery pack.
- Remove the sticker/cover seal for the pressure sensing unit (SU-1), in the battery compartment. This is the black strip above cellular warning label and is where the SU-1 option goes.
- Locate row of eight jumpers. They are numbered.
- For Mars/Cap, remove solder jumper 5.
- For Freeband, remove solder jumper 4 and 5.
- Reset microprocessor. (Press and hold in the 4, band, and v/m keys while turning the radio on.
Freeband: 40-224.995Mhz and 300-579.995Mhz
Mars/Cap: 50Mhz-54Mhz, 140Mhz-174Mhz, 222Mhz-225Mhz, and 420Mhz-470Mhz.