To allow this TRX for a VHF UHF general cover, do the following mods :
1) Remove the front panel.
2) Look for the first part where the Lithium battery is connect.
there are 8 connectors like :
To validate the micro controller, do next :
For the FT-411 : RX 120 - 174 Mhz TX 140 - 174 Mhz
1) Reset the TRX by switch on it with [MR] and [VFO] key down.
2) Type 1200 [VFO] 1740 [VFO] 1400 [VFO] 1740 [VFO]
3) Press the [F] and  keys tho change the QSY step.
BE CARREFULL, with this few mods, the TRX looses the automatic AM detection.
For the FT-811 : RX 420 - 470 Mhz TX 420 - 470 Mhz
Do the same but step 2 is different :
2) Type 4200 [VFO] 4700 [VFO] 4200 [VFO] 4700 [VFO]