This MOD is for the NEW Yeasu FT-2800 Hi-Power 2-Meter Mobile and it is easy!
Start by disconnecting power and microphone.
- Remove all screws on bottom of radio and remove bottom cover.
* Careful, the speakers rubber seal my stick to the cover, so take your time and note that the speakers wires are soldered to radio (no connector).
- To make this simple, position the radio with the front facing away from you (bottom up) In the front right corner you will see a set of three solder pads located on the back side of the circuit board for the front display/ controls.
- There is only one solder pad in place from factory (far right side, see photo).
REMOVE this solder pad!
- Bridge the middle solder pad, leave the others un-soldered.
- Reset radio by pressing ALL four white panel buttons while turning power on.
button labels ---> [MHz] [Rev] [LOW] [D/MR]
Then press the [D/MR] button. The radio will power cycle.
NEW TX and RX RANGE is 137.000MHz to 174.000MHz