Move R5164 from above location to the R5163 location, which is the open pad right above it. See below.
- Remove power from Unit.
- Remove upper and lower cover.
- On the Control Unit, you will need to move the resister from the R-5164 location to the open spot where R-5163 is not in place.
- Reset the CPU by holding down the "SUB" + "29" + "ENT" buttons while you power on the radio.
- Turn off the radio.
- Hold down the Fast and Lock buttons while you power on the radio. Release the Fast and Lock buttons.
- Press the "Fast" button and hold it down while you momentarily press the "ENT" button.
- Rotate the "MEM/CH" knob to Menu 9-9.
- Rotate the VFO to "GEN".
- Press the "ENT" button.
- Modification is complete.
This modification will open the transmit from 1.500-29.999 MHz.