- Disconnect the power and antenna.
- Remove the top and bottom covers of the radio.
- Remove the four screws from the speaker mounting and the top panel assembly.
- Swing the assembly away and unplug the Red/Black battery leads from the digital unit X54-168-00.
- Solder small ga. wires between the following locations.
IC21 pin 12 to IC11 pin 9
IC22 pin 12 to IC12 pin 9
IC23 pin 12 to IC24 pin 8
Tack sodering on the component side of the board is O.K.
- Reassemble the radio
You should now be able to Transmit on the MARS/CAP frequencies.