We have had a few reports of the TS-820 RIT tuning being "rubbery". The following information will solve this.
How to modify:
- Remove resistor R27 (1Kohm) on AF-AVR unit (X49-1080-00).
- Install a 10Kohm resistor on foil side of AF-AVR unit. See figure 1.
- Install a 1 Kohm resistor on RIT control. See figure 2.
- Install a capacitor (3.3uF - 10uF) between RIT control and ground. See figure 2.
- Adjust VR-2 on AF-AVR unit (X49-1080-00) for the same frequency as the center position of the RIT control.