I got the modification information on the TS-2000 from reliable sources recently. The info. seems to be correct. My TS-2000 (K-type) worked.
- Remove the top and bottom cover.
- Loosen the 4 screws that tighen the front panel.
- Pull the front panel forward, holding the upper part.
- You will see a fan on the left.
- At the bottom right of the fan, there are jumpers.
- Remove R52 to expand the RX frequency.
- Remove R53 to expand the TX frequency.
- Remove R54 to expand the features.
(Cross-band Repeat, SkyCommand, External Remote and etc.)
R52 and R54 have been already removed on my transceiver.
After the modification, it transmits:
1.705 - 30MHz, 49-54MHz, 142-152MHz, 420-450MHz.
* It does not expand too much, though :-(
Oh, I forgot one important thing.
You must perform ALL RESET by pressing and hold [A=B] key when you turn on the transceiver. (You will lose all the memory data).