- Turn off radio. Press and hold [B] and [#] buttons.
- Turn on radio while holding these buttons. RX is now expanded to range 50-1000MHz.
Expand TX:Need remove one diode.
- Turn off radio and remove the battery.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the rear cover and the 2 lower screws holding the shield in place in the battery compartment.
- Carefully lift the rear cover with the battery comparment shield away from the front cover.
- The front and rear sections are connected together with a flex strip connector. We couldn't disconnect it because diode is near of it.
- It shoult look someting like this.
/ I __|
---I/ I |
I I [D1] |
I I [D2]
I I [D3] |__
I I 1
I I [D4] | __|__
I I | |diode|
I I | |_____|
HHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH _| | |
I don't have service manual that I number diode from 1 to 4.
D1 and D3 is not soldered in my IC-W31E.
- We need disconnect D2. For better description is 18mm from bottom, 25mm left, 25mm right from PCB border. I only disconect diode leg number 1 from PCB but we can remove it complete.
- Reassemble the radio in reverse order
In my rig is now TX range 50MHz-260MHz, 300MHz-600MHz but only for short time about 1sec because some protection don't enought more. Maybe TX PLL I don't know. Pernament TX range is 115-191MHz, 370-484MHz.