- Open the radio by following the manuals instructions.
- On the half with the display and tone keys find the big chip (logic chip)
- To the right of it there are some small parts that look like this:
| Logic | XX XX
| Chip | x
| |D14----> x XX
| | x x
|--------| XX XX XX<-D13
- Remove both d13 (rx) and d14 (tx) and close the radio back up!
- Reset the CPU and you're done!
- If you mess up your radio I take NO RESPONSIBILITY. You do this at your own risk.
If anything you'll break the back light as most people do... But to help not do this the transistor d14 DOES NOT LOOK LIKE d13!!!