Many TS-870 TXCVR's generates output power less than 100 Watts.
There are output power setting procedures in the Service Adjustment Mode Menu.
In the adjustment mode there are 28 menu numbers A0 to BB (hex). All adjustments are saved in the EEPROM. When the service adjustment mode is entered, data is read from the EEPROM and placed in the CPU RAM so that settings can be modified.
The EEPROM is updated only when data is written in Menu No. bA (hex).
The Service Adjustment Mode Menu is a hidden menu.
- Connect a >100W 50 Ohms dummy load to the antenna terminal
- Hold down the [N.R.] and [LSB/USB] key (together) and turn the [POWER] switch ON to enter the adjustment mode. The menu number will appear in M.CH on the display
- When the 'M.CH/VFO.CH' control is turned the menu number changes. Turn the control knob to menu number 'A7' (100W Power adjustment)
- Press the PTT key to transmit and while transmitting turn the 'RIT/XIT' knob to a desired power level (i.e. 120W). Don't use a power level >140 Watts!
- Press the [UP] key to confirm the new power level setting (don't forget it!).
The menu line should show two equal hex numbers. For example 120 W output power:
A7 b2 b2 PWR 100W. The second 'b2' is the local confirmation for your setting.
- Turn the 'M.CH/VFO.CH' control knob to menu number 'bA'. The menu shows now:
ba rEADy EEPROM
- Press the [UP] or [DOWN] key to store the new settings into the EEPROM.
- Press finally the [CLR] key.
Note: When the [CLR] key is pressed before pressing the [UP] or [DOWN] key or power is switched OFF in the adjustment mode, all new settings are canceled.
Do not use a power level >140w! your work is at your risk! i do accept no responsibility!