Here is your chance to prove how adept you are at microsurgery. This mod will enable the TS-870S to transmit on MARS, CAP and othe frequencies.
- Remove top and bottom covers.
- Remove the top screw from each side of the front panel assembly.
- Carefully rotate the front panel forward to gain access to the control board(x53-3560-11 a/4).
This board is mounted vertically against the body of the transceiver. It is not the board that is mounted in the front panel assembly.
- Locate and remove resistor R244 from the control board. R244 is below
IC12 ROM and above IC23. There are two chip resistors, one on
top of the other -carefully remove or break the top one..it is easily
fractured -that's R244.
- Reassemble and then perform the cpu reset by holding the A=B button depressed as power is turned on.